There works a promotion "Bonus for communication" at forum of Forexpeoples portal, with the assistance of LiteForex company. Every registered user's post at forex forum ForexPeoples costs 30 cents. Every referral's posts costs 10 cents. See more here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning from mistakes of demo account

Learning from mistakes of demo account

user
    USD: 0.00
    FP bonus: 0.00
    said "thanks": 13
    thanked 110 times in 75 messages
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by mayeesha001 View Post
    i think the major mistake which most traders make while trading in demo account is that they trade with a huge equity say $ 10000 or $50000 etc but inn reality when they actually open an account they usually do not deposit so high and as a result tend to make mistakes which cost them alot
    common mistake friends, but how do we learn from those mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes
    "Profit should not just be seen, not only on profit but leave immediately secured"

user
    USD: 14.90
    said "thanks": 0
    thanked 3 times in 3 messages
    Time Online
    3 Minutes 41 Seconds
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    we can use a demo account to practice trading and test any new strategy before we apply in a real account. but there we can not learn about trading psychology because we only use virtual money ...
  3. The user thanked:
    sheikh rashed (05-03-2012)

thanked 1 time in 1 message
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i think demo account is useful when we want to test our new strategy. it is meant for learning and only learning without fear of loss
    but for me, there is still no pressure if trading with demo..so the strategy often succes in demo but failed in real account

thanked 0 times in 0 messages
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by chuna1985 View Post
    Over leveraging accounts is a very serious newbie mistakes, it is a bringer of losses at all times. It is better that a trader should know about this mistake so that they will not open trades that their account balance will not be a able to carry.
    too much leverage leads us to open multiple positions in a single trading simultaneously, although this may destroy smua capital in just a few moments, because it looks much capital we are able to open a position, but if it was just the opposite direction to mak a possible loss of our very large capital , the margins are not able to withstand scour the market to capital due to the number of open positions is very dangerous to the security trading in no time we'll get a margin call.

Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks dear for the useful information, however I would like to stress upon the fact that demo or practice accounts are meant for newbies to gain experience and familiarize themselves with the trading process and techniques. Demo accounts are very helpful but cannot be compared to the real time trading with actual money. The reason is simple and relates to human psychology and emotions. It is quite natural to be aggressive when there is nothing at stake, but once the stakes are high everybody tends to be more cautious.This sort of attitude definitely lowers the learning value of demo accounts.However this common mistake can easily be rectified by treating the demo account seriously and operating it like a real account.

user
    USD: 12.90
    said "thanks": 2
    thanked 3 times in 3 messages
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I strongly agree with you. I am impressed with your opinion on point number 3, where we should not hold our loss position, with a long time. because if that's the case, then our losses will be larger, and hope that the position is a decision that turned, was a sloppy for me.

Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Your idea is so good.But you have written the mistakes on demo account too shortly to understand briefly.It's not clearly told (by no_3) by the word "Ride forever" and "Over leverage".I believe that your briefing is so helpful to the newer.As a newer I must follow your tips.

FP bonus: 0.30
    thanked 1 time in 1 message
    Time Online
    16 Minutes 13 Seconds
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Seconds
    Some mistakes:

1. Over-trade. Traders intent to trade in so many pairs, open too many position or spend too many times at trading activity.

2. Using style that's is not planned to be used in real trading.

3. Holding onto position for too long and let it ride forever... no target or stop loss

4. Over leverage

5. Changing from one strategy to another and not really analyzing the trade and not understanding the price behavior

6. Forget to apply good money management and risk management.

7. Not using demo as it is a real account

I believe, there's plenty of reasons more. You can add the list.

This for help us to find our mistakes in practicing demo account so that we can manage to get success in real account.
    I confess there are too many reasons to use a demo account without fear or regrets. I use in sometimes the same strategy from the demo to the real and is very difficult do not fear use it. Nice help.

user
    USD: 9.30
    FP bonus: -14.30
    said "thanks": 73
    thanked 21 times in 21 messages
    Time Online
    13 Hours 53 Minutes 46 Seconds
    Avg. Time Online
    1 Minute 11 Seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPhoenix View Post
    Thanks dear for the useful information, however I would like to stress upon the fact that demo or practice accounts are meant for newbies to gain experience and familiarize themselves with the trading process and techniques. Demo accounts are very helpful but cannot be compared to the real time trading with actual money. The reason is simple and relates to human psychology and emotions. It is quite natural to be aggressive when there is nothing at stake, but once the stakes are high everybody tends to be more cautious.This sort of attitude definitely lowers the learning value of demo accounts.However this common mistake can easily be rectified by treating the demo account seriously and operating it like a real account.
    even if you do not have the pressure of emotion in your trading using a demo account but the circuitry will be able to make trades that you will find success in your trading and I am sure you will be better also for the training analysis,, test strategy,,, and so other you need to succeed in this tradeUrungkan pengeditan

user
    USD: 0.70
    said "thanks": 3
    thanked 5 times in 5 messages
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kazol76 View Post
    Everyone search for better system which can consistent and also find a better system to apply in Forex market, so I think regularly practice in demo is good quality of a trader to understand the market secret, this is not possible to be in right position always in Forex market but nice experience will give us good deal in this market. Thanks
    you will be able to find the lessons and experiences as well when you trade in a demo account because I feel that this a good trade when we have a lot of experience later in the demo account even if you do not have the emotional experience of trading, but it will bsia help you have experience of fault analysis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information